Our immigration advisory services team can help with questions about visas and student permit B. We will assist you with the application process in applying through the Embassy of Switzerland in your Country.
Please note that it may take longer sometimes to get your visa as many students apply. Make sure that you have all the necessary documents for your application. We are always ready to help you with your application.
You must complete and take the following documents to the visa department of your nearest Swiss embassy:
- Application Form (Visa D)
- Valid Passport (plus one copy)
- Acceptance Letter of enrollment at AGSB
- Study Plan
- “Written undertaking” (stating that the student will leave Switzerland at the end of studies)
- A signed letter of motivation stating both the reason for studying in Switzerland and detailing your post-study plans
- Bank certificate indicating that student has an active account with sufficient amount
- Six passport photos (35mm x 45mm)
Once the visa application documents have been submitted, it takes a minimum of eight weeks for a student to receive a Swiss entry visa. This allows them a fixed time period during which to enter Switzerland. Once in Switzerland, AGSB will assist and inform students about the next steps regarding their resident permit process.
Working in Switzerland: non-EU citizens are not allowed to work on a student visa in Switzerland.
All of the following forms, as well as detailed instructions on the residence process, are available at the student affairs office. Make sure that you visit the office on campus before you do anything so that our staff can ensure that you have all your paperwork filled out correctly and that you take all the necessary steps to complete it.