The University will consider all completed applications and will contact applicants within a reasonable period, as soon as a decision has been made. Admission to AGSB University is, however, subject to a limited number of enrolments; it is, therefore, possible that not all qualified applicants are always accepted. In such instances, the University accepts those with the strongest qualifications and potential. This decision is carefully considered by the AGSB student selection board. All potential applicants must demonstrate an excellent academic record was singling their potential for success in a given field of study and complete the following AGSB admission procedures. This includes submitting a completed student application form. Please note, only completed applications will be considered. A complete application consists of the following four (4) parts as described below:
- General requirements
- Personal letter of motivation
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Program requirements
The general requirements for all applicants include a completed application form and payable fees in addition to the documents listed below. The applicant should ensure that these documents are sent to the university in good time before a course of study begins.
- Application Form: Applicants must submit a completed and signed application form.
- Application Fee: Payment can be made by bank transfer into the AGSB bank account at the Crédit Suisse. Please be sure that your name is included on the bank transfer notice.
- Passport: Copy of your valid passport.
- Photographs: Six (6) passport size photographs must be included with the application form that is submitted to AGSB. Most of these photographs are required by the local authorities and for student visas.
- Recommendations: Two (2) confidential letters of recommendation from instructors or employers who are familiar with the applicant’s past performance must be sent directly to AGSB. Certified translations must also be submitted for all letters not in English.
- Résumé or CV: A brief written account of the applicant’s strengths and accomplishments. Include personal details, education, work experience, other qualifications and career expectations.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts for all applicable academic work done at the secondary or university-level institutions in the past five (5) years. Transcripts must be sent directly by the institutions to AGSB. Certified translations must also be submitted for all documents not in English.
An application must include all of these items in order to be considered for the admissions process.
Required Personal Essay (Motivation Letter)
The university places high emphasis on written communication skills. All students are expected to significantly improve their communication in English during the course of their studies at AGSB.
All students are therefore required to write a personal essay in order to determine the starting point for the improvement of their language skills in written English. If the student is accepted, this essay remains the first component in their portfolio.The essay or motivation letter should be at least 500 words in length. You should tell the story of your academic development and any other work experience you have had in a first person narrative. You should explain your reasons for applying and how you expect AGSB to further improve your present career goals.
Language Proficiency Requirements
The language of instruction at AGSB is English and a significant amount of English reading and writing is required from students, in order to achieve success in all courses. All students must demonstrate adequate language proficiency prior to their admission. In all cases, the university reserves the right to request a proficiency test.Proficiency will normally be recognized if students have completed any of the following conditions:
- Attendance for at least three recent full years of study in an institution where the sole language of instruction is English;
- Obtaining Standard level or higher, in the International Baccalaureate (IB);
- Obtaining the American or British Option Internationale du Baccalauréat (OIB) of the French Baccalauréat.
If none of these conditions apply, the student must write a pre‑admission English test. Proof of proficiency in English must be provided by achieving the appropriate score on one of the following:
- At least 550 score in a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). AGSB code is 9756;
- At least 6.0 score in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Test results must be reported directly to AGSB Admissions by the test centre. Results that are more than two years old will not be accepted as proof of language proficiency.