Entry to the master’s program requires completion and graduation from a recognized undergraduate program. The business school may require students who do not have an undergraduate degree in business to take additional undergraduate level modules. Graduates of non-American institutions of higher learning must be able to document that their degree is equivalent to a recognized Bachelor’s degree. Certified translations in English are required for all records, not in English. The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) test is required for graduate-level applicants.
- Application Form: Applicants must submit a completed and signed application form.
- Application Fee: Payment can be made by bank transfer into the American Graduate School of Business bank account at the Crédit Suisse. Please be sure that your name is included on the bank transfer notice. (CHF 250.-)
- Passport: Copy of your valid passport.
- Photographs: Six (6) passport size photographs must be included with the application form that is submitted to AGSB. Most of these photographs are required by the local authorities and for student visas.
- Recommendations: One (1) confidential letter of recommendation from instructors or employers who are familiar with the applicant’s past performance must be sent directly to AGSB. Certified translations must also be submitted for all letters, not in English.
- Résumé or CV: A brief written account of the applicant’s strengths and accomplishments. Include personal details, education, work experience, other qualifications, and career expectations.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts for all applicable academic work done at the secondary or university-level institutions in the past five (5) years. Transcripts must be sent directly by the institutions to AGSB. Certified translations must also be submitted for all documents, not in English.
- Evidence of expected English level.
- At least 550 / 80points score in a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). AGSB code is 9756.
- At least 6.0 score in an International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Personal Letter of Motivation
All students are required to write a personal essay in English. When the student is accepted, this essay will remain as the first component of his/her portfolio. The essay or motivation letter should be at least 500 words in length. You should tell the story of your academic development and any other work experience you have had in a first-person narrative. You should explain your reasons for applying and how you expect AGSB to further improve your present career goals.
AGSB operates on a rolling admission basis. The school, therefore, needs completed application paperwork as well as all academic records and applicable fees to be received by the admissions office within a minimum of four weeks before the start of each term.
When accepted, prospective students will receive an official Letter of Acceptance and an invitation to enroll. At this time, students will also be advised with further information that would be needed to complete a student record file.
AGSB operates within a term based system. The academic year begins in September and ends in July with three academic terms (Fall, Winter, and Spring) offered during this period:
Fall Term: October to December
Winter Term: January to March
Spring Term: April to July
There are eleven (11) weeks of study per term, including two (2) weeks of examinations for each term and one (1) week of orientation, which makes a total of thirty-three (33) scheduled weeks in the year.
There are nineteen (19) holiday weeks per year, four (4) weeks from the middle of December, three (3) weeks in April and twelve (12) weeks from the beginning of July.
Examination periods usually occur in the middle and at the end of each term.
All rights reserved 2018, AGSB SA